HOME>News list>Enjoy Kawazuzakura cherry blossoms and tuna in the Miura area!
Enjoy Kawazuzakura cherry blossoms and tuna in the Miura area!
Visitors to the Miura area located along the railways of the Keikyu Corporation, which provides access from Haneda Airport to the Tokyo and Yokohama areas, can enjoy the beautiful blooming of the Kawazuzakura cherry blossoms from mid-February to mid-March.
During this period, large numbers of tourists enjoy approximately 1,000 Kawazuzakura cherry blossom trees blossoming along the railway from Miurakaigan Station (63 minutes from Shinagawa Station, 73 minutes from Haneda Airport International Terminal Station, 45 minutes from Yokohama Station) on the Keikyu Line. Kawazuzakura are a type of early-blooming cherry blossom, which can be enjoyed from February until March, allowing visitors to enjoy the beauty of blooming cherry blossoms for approximately 1 month.
For the Kawazuzakura cherry blossom blooming season, Keikyu Electric Railway will be running Kawazuzakura cherry blossom image wrapped trains, lighting up the Kawazuzakura cherry blossom trees in front of Miurakaigan Station on the Keikyu Line, and also lighting up cherry blossom trees along the route between Miurakaigan Station and Misakiguchi Station on the Keikyu Line.
In addition, the Miura area is famous for fresh tuna caught from Misaki Port and features a large number of restaurants where visitors can enjoy tuna dishes.
The Keikyu Corporation "Misaki Maguro Day Trip Ticket" is highly recommended for enjoying Miura's "Kawazuzakura" and "tuna". This ticket is a discounted ticket set which includes not just train and bus travel, but also tuna cuisine meal tickets and leisure facility usage tickets.Keikyu will also be implementing a campaign where passengers can present their passenger ticket at Keikyu Line Miurakaigan Station to receive a present.
See details on Miura area access and tickets on the attached sheet.
1. Access to Miurakaigan Station
- 63 minutes on the limited express bound for Misakiguchi from Shinagawa Station on the Keikyu Line
- 73 minutes on the limited express bound for Misakiguchi after transferring at Kamiooka Station from the Airport Express from Keikyu Haneda Airport International Terminal Station
- 45 minutes on the limited express bound for Misakiguchi from Yokohama Station on the Keikyu Line
2. Event information
- (1)Operation of cherry blossom themed wrapped trains
During the period from February 6, 2017 (Mon.) to March 11, 2017 (Sat.), Keikyu will operate wrapped trains featuring images of Miurakaigan's Kawazuzakura cherry blossoms. These trains are schedule to operate within the Keikyu Line. (Images are concept only)
- *Operation schedules are subject to change without notice.
- (2)Change of station name sign at Miurakaigan Station
From February 11, 2017 (Sat.) to March 12, 2017 (Sun.), the station name sign at the Keikyu Line Miurakaigan Station ticket gate will be changed to a seasonal, limited edition version in cherry blossom-inspired pink. (Images are concept only)
- (3)Kawazuzakura cherry blossom illumination
- I. Illumination in front of Miurakaigan Station
From February 11, 2017 (Sat.) to March 12, 2017 (Sun.) the Kawazuzakura cherry blossom trees in front of Keikyu Line Miurakaigan Station will be lit up from 17:00 to 21:00.
- II. Illumination along railway between Miurakaigan Station and Misakiguchi Station.
From February 18, 2017 (Sat.) to March 9, 2017 (Thurs.) the Kawazuzakura cherry blossom trees which bloom along the railway between Keikyu Line Miurakaigan Station and Misakiguchi Station will be lit up from 17:30 to 20:30.
- (4)Present campaign
From February 13, 2017 (Mon.) to March 10, 2017 (Fri.) the first 100 passengers (per day) who purchase the "Misaki Maguro Ticket" Keikyu Corporation adult discount ticket (details below) and then present the ticket at a staffed ticket window at Keikyu Line Miurakaigan Station, will receive a cherry blossom petal paper soap present. (Images are concept only)
3. Misaki Maguro Day Trip Ticket Special Deal Ticket
A special deal passenger ticket which allows passengers to enjoy both Kawazuzakura cherry blossoms and tuna cuisine.
- (1)Sales Locations: All Keikyu Line stations (excluding Sengakuji Station and Misakiguchi Station)
- (2)Valid Period: 1 day
- (3)Details: (Set ticket comprised of ①-③ below)
- ①A round-trip discount ticket between the station the ticket is purchased and Misakiguchi Station + a Keikyu Express Bus Unlimited Designated Area Ride ticket
- ②Misaki Maguro Day Trip Ticket special meal coupon for use at specially selected restaurants (30 restaurants*)
- ③Facility usage ticket for use at leisure facilities (11 facilities)
- (4)Sales Prices (Adult fares from main stations)
Shinagawa Station: 3,060 yen
Haneda Airport International Terminal Station: 3,370 yen
Yokohama Station: 2,960 yen