Keikyu Line Haneda Airport International Terminal Station
Keikyu Tourist Information Center
The "Keikyu Tourist Information Center (Keikyu TIC)" located in the Haneda Airport International Terminal and operated by Keikyu which also operates train lines that connect Haneda Airport to the central Tokyo and Yokohama areas, has been approved as Category 3, the highest rank in the tourist information center accreditation system established by the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO).
The Keikyu TIC has been constantly staffed by concierge staff capable of speaking 4 languages (Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean) since October of 2010, providing a thorough selection of information services aimed at travelers from overseas, including sales of tickets and provision of transportation and tourist information, in order to assist so that visitors to Japan from overseas are able to have a smooth trip.
In order to provide an environment in which visitors from overseas travel without worry, the JNTO has started an accreditation system for tourist information centers aimed at visitors from overseas. In this accreditation system, centers are classified into 3 categories in accordance with the degree and fullness of services offered by the centers, and among the 268 tourist information centers aimed at visitors from overseas which have been accredited throughout Japan, only 7 facilities, including the Keikyu TIC, have been awarded the highest rank of Category 3.
The center will continue to provide services in a spirit of hospitality so that visitors to Japan from overseas who travel through Haneda Airport, which acts as an entryway to Japan, are able to fully experience and enjoy the attraction of Japan.
1. Keikyu Tourist Information Center
Keikyu Line Haneda Airport International Terminal Station 2nd Floor Arrival Lobby Next to ticket gate
(2) Major Service Details
- Transportation guidance focusing on the metropolitan area *The center also provides information on how to use ticket machines, station facilities and train information in addition to transportation access.
- Sales of PASMO, tickets, etc. to visitors to Japan from overseas
*Union Pay cards can be used to purchase normal passenger tickets on the Keikyu Line
- Tourist guidance in cooperation with public administration
*Tourist guidance is provided in cooperation with the following and the counter is registered as an accredited information center
Counter for tourists and hotel guests from group companies
- Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) "Visit Japan Tourist Information Office"
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau "Private Tourist Information Center"
- Tokyo "Tokyo Tourist Information Center"
(4) No. of concierge staff
- 2 staff always on duty
- 4 languages handled (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean)
2. Japan Tourism Agency Accreditation System for Tourist Information Centers Aimed at Visitors from Overseas
(1) Overview of Accreditation System for Tourist Information Centers Aimed at Visitors from Overseas
- This system has been newly established by the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) as a part of the arrangement of an environment for receiving visitors to Japan from overseas.
- The system has been introduced in accordance with the "Policy on the Establishment and Operation of Visitor Centers Aimed at Visitors from Overseas" established by the Japan Tourism Agency, and is aimed at guaranteeing and improving the services offered at tourist information centers by using accreditation to brand the centers and classify them into categories, with accreditation requiring renewal every three years.
- A symbol marking which indicates the center as an accredited center is displayed in a location that is easy to see for overseas visitors at information centers accredited as Categories 1-3.
(2) Implementing Organization
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
(3) Commencement of next registration period (planned)
Mid July 2013
(4) Roles of centers for each category according to the Japan Tourism Agency accreditation system
||Major Service Details
- Has a willingness to positively receive overseas travelers.
- Has part time staff capable of speaking English. Or has a system for handling English speaking visitors through telephone interpretation services, cooperation from volunteer staff, etc.
|Can provide information on public transportation usage and tourist information within the region.
- Has at least staff capable of speaking English on duty at all times during service provision hours.
- Has a system for handling languages other than English through telephone interpretation services, cooperation from volunteer staff, etc.
|Can provide information on public transportation usage and tourist information within the wider region.
||Has staff capable of speaking English, Chinese and Korean on duty at all times.
||Can provide information on public transportation usage and tourist information for the entire country.